|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
Category:Stachys officinalis subsp. serotina
I note that you have reverted the page Stachys officinalis subsp. serotina and I recommend that you see the references in Kew, POWO, IPNI & Catalogue of Life where they consider it a sononym of Betonica officinalis var. serotina. Saludos.--MILEPRI (talk) 07:32, 8 April 2022 (UTC)
- @MILEPRI: I've reverted it, because you've made double redirecting wheel:
- => Category:Stachys officinalis subsp. serotina => Category:Betonica officinalis var. serotina => Category:Stachys officinalis subsp. serotina => Category:Betonica officinalis var. serotina, etc...
- A redirect can't redirect to another redirect! One of these categories must be alive. Wieralee (talk) 22:24, 8 April 2022 (UTC)
Szreniawa bez krzyża
Dzień dobry, piszę w sprawie błędu jaki popełniłaś uzasadniając brak akceptacji przeniesienia tego pliku:  do innej nazwy. Czynnie zajmuję się heraldyką na polskiej Wikipedii i jestem jedyną osobą, która obecnie zajmuje się tam tym tematem. Nie istnieje taki herb jak "Szreniawa bez Krzyża", jest to jedynie nazwa robocza herbu Drużyna, która z czasem przyjęła się jako nazwa alternatywna. Dodatkowo, herb Lubomirskich w wersji książęcej nazywa się po prostu Lubomirski - nie Drużyna, a tym bardziej nie Szreniawa bez Krzyża. Ponownie proszę o przeniesienie nazwy tego pliku, ponieważ niepotrzebnie wprowadza ludzi w błąd. Pozdrawiam, Gucce (talk) 17:42, 20 April 2022 (UTC)
- @Gucce: Napisałam, że nie jest to tylko herb Lubomirskich, posługuje się nim wiele innych rodzin. Czy tak nie jest? Wieralee (talk) 19:54, 20 April 2022 (UTC)
|File:Józef Unger (Tygodnik Illustrowany, 1878).jpg.jpg has been marked for speedy deletion. (Reason: bad name)
Why not upload a picture of a plant, animal, or anything else which fits into our scope. You can contribute any media type you want, including but not limited to images, videos, music, and 3D models. Start uploading now! If you don't have anything to upload at the moment, why not take a look at our best images or best videos, sounds and 3D models. If you have any doubts/questions don't hesitate to visit our help desk.
User who nominated the file for deletion (Nominator) :.
File:Chile (185) - Food Delivery.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. Please see Commons:But it's my own work! for a guide on how to address these issues.
Question: correct file naming
Hello Wieralee. You declined my renaming request for file Aili Somersalmi Imogenen roolissa Kansallisteatterin näytelmässä Cymbeline (musketti.M012-HK19710227-3).jpg. That is your decision and I respect that. I didn't mean that file name must been in English (1930s), it could also been 1930-luku or 1930-luvulla ("Aili Somersalmi 1910s.jpg" or something). How about "Aili Somersalmi näytelmässä Cymbeline 1930-luvulla.jpg" and not an unnecessary file id ("name that describes what the image particularly displays")? Description of Criterion 2 is "meaningless or ambiguous name". You are right that name isn't meaningless. I think it is however ambiguous and unclear. My purpose is not making new name looks only a bit better. I have done a few similar requests as you can see my editing history. @CAPTAIN RAJU and Richardkiwi: Can I ask your opinions? How can I edit in the future? Examples:
- Mechelin Emelie, laulajatar (hkm.HKMS000005-000002ll).jpg renaming request or not
- Only Finnish file names for actresses from Finland
---raid5 22:14, 24 June 2022 (UTC)
- Hi, I only looked at the first one (it's bedtime here in The Netherlands) :-) 0:38 (CEST). No need to rename the first one i.m.o. - the Inventory number is in the title. Greetz, - Richardkiwi (talk) (talk) 22:39, 24 June 2022 (UTC)
- Thank you for answering. I should go to sleep althoug it still quite light, two hours and sun will rise. Ok, I'll take a break for renaming requests. ---raid5 22:51, 24 June 2022 (UTC)
- @Raid5: maybe the file ID is not necessary for you... but it can be useful for a photo author/uploader. It's harmless. Even if we'll rename the file, the old version will ALWAYS exist on Commons servers and the link File:Aili Somersalmi Imogenen roolissa Kansallisteatterin näytelmässä Cymbeline (musketti.M012-HK19710227-3).jpg will ALWAYS be active and connected with the new version of the name. If the name is not totally wrong and totally meaningless we recommend not to change it. You can add to this file any description in any language and our Commons browser will show it in search results, too. There is a rule: "Files should NOT be renamed only because the new name looks a bit better." It's better to find more useful work, I think ;) Wieralee (talk) 22:55, 24 June 2022 (UTC)
- Ok. I don't argue, but… I will continue uploading files from Finna and try to learn more policies and guidelines of Commons. ---raid5 23:27, 24 June 2022 (UTC)