This project page in other languages:
Robert “Rob” Lavinsky, PhD (view his biography on minrec.org) donated his complete picture database on mindat.org, as well as all his pictures from his own homepage irocks.com (collected in several galleries respectively alphabetically sorted by mineral name).
The pictures on mindat have been uploaded to Commons in two batches
Your help is needed to
- translate the remaining descriptions
More pictures needed?
Furthermore Rob Lavinsky offered more pictures from his private archive (about 20,000).
Please leave a note here describing pictures of minerals needed for a mineral article. Rob Lavinsky will be asked after a while. If he has any picture of the requested pictures, we can get them
- Acuminite, mindat - Acuminite
- Aenigmatite, mindat - Aenigmatite
- Agrellite, mindat - Agrellite
- Alunogen, mindat - Alunogen
- Bassanite, mindat - Bassanite
- Cerite The article regarding this has no image.
- Clinoenstatite, mindat - Clinoenstatite
- Cymrite, mindat - Cymrite
- Fergusonite, mindat - Fergusonite
- Lorándite, existing pictures are of very poor quality
- Portlandite, mindat - Portlandite
- Potassicrichterite, irocks - Potassicrichterite
- Serpierite, mindat - Serpierite
- Tetradymite, mindat - Tetradymite
- Uranospinite, mindat - Uranospinite
Remarks: All mineral categories have been created so far: So if the category shows up in red above, there was no such mineral with Rob's images (however, there is a small chance that the mineral has a different spelling with mindat.org).
The image list is obsolete now, since the comparison with the irocks.com images will be done by the bot.
More recent images can be found on Dr. Rob Lavinsky's website, iRocks.com.
Duplicate images and bad names
These exist, and are being collected at