Talk page archives
archived by MiszaBot.
Any sections older than 30 days are automatically archived.
Hi, if you have wondered why it doesn't work, just replace
Main Page Urdu
- Sorry, I believe it had a speedy tag with the reason 'Editing Test'. I admit I did not translate the title as I (apparently wrongly) assumed that someone had created a page as an editing test. I will be a bit more careful with things like that in the future. --Captain-tucker (talk) 15:32, 5 June 2014 (UTC)
Happy holidays! 2015!
|* * * Happy Holidays 2015 ! * * *|
|* Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
* Joyeux Noël ! Bonne année!
* Frohes Weihnachten! Frohes Neues Jahr!
* Счастливого Рождества! С Новым годом! -- George Chernilevsky talk 20:02, 24 December 2014 (UTC)
Please restore Humanfolk
Could you please restore the Humanfolk photo that you have deleted? It's currently in discussion with the permissions email. The ticket number for this discussion is Ticket#2014122910001306. Thanks. --Jojit (talk) 11:46, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
- If the OTRS agent believes that permission has been granted the photo can very easily be un-deleted by any admin at the request of an OTRS agent. Deleted photos on Commons are just hidden from view, not actually deleted. --Captain-tucker (talk) 11:52, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
You deleted File:George Billman.JPG as no OTRS permission, however permission was sent. OTRS is currently extremely backlogged ("approximately 52 days"). I don't know what Commons policy is, but common sense would say not to delete files when they pass the 30 day mark if the backlog is 52 days. Please advise. --ThaddeusB (talk) 17:01, 10 February 2015 (UTC)
- If the OTRS agent believes that permission has been granted the photo can very easily be un-deleted by any admin at the request of an OTRS agent. Deleted photos on Commons are just hidden from view, not actually deleted. So when and if your permission is approved your photo will be un-deleted. --Captain-tucker (talk) 01:34, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- Most OTRS agents are not commons admins (and I am well aware how deletion works, thanks), and no one else can verify that a deleted image matches the image in the permission file. Again, it seems incredibly stupid to delete images after 30 days when the backlog is longer than 30 days. It is simply not possible ANY file will be approved in that time frame at current, so such deletions are creating a lot of unnecessary work. Can you please undelete the image so I can put the pending ticket number on it. I can't approve it since it is my image, but I can retrieve the ticket number since I am an OTRS volunteer. --ThaddeusB (talk) 15:53, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- ThaddeusB, you should have told me from the beginning that you were an OTRS agent. I am a former agent and will un-delete this file immediately. --Captain-tucker (talk) 20:54, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- Much appreciated. I was hesitant to put the "received" template on it originally because the template says "the message was not sufficient to confirm permission" (and because it was my image) - I should have simply looked at the documentation and seen there is a "processing" parameter earlier. --ThaddeusB (talk) 16:53, 12 February 2015 (UTC)