Category:13 Astor Place / 21 Astor Place
Clinton Hall at 13 Astor Place, designed by George E. Harney, was built in 1890 on the site of the Astor Opera House, which, after a riot provoked by rival productions of Macbeth, was closed down and turned over to use of the New York Mercantile Library. The original building was torn down, and this 11-story structure was built in its place. The library left in 1932, and the building has since been a union headquarters (District 65 of the Distributive Workers of America), the Astor Place Hotel, and, as of 1995, condominiums, which use the address 21 Astor Place, (sources: Gotham by Burrows & Wallace, AIA Guide to NYC 4th ed, and http://www.forgotten-ny.com/SUBWAYS/Clinton%20Hall%20page/Clinton.html)
This category has been improved by the Wikipedia Takes Manhattan project.
Media in category "13 Astor Place / 21 Astor Place"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.