Category:American River (California)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The American River — in Northern California.
- The river runs from the central Sierra Nevada mountains, through the Sacramento metropolitan area of the Central Valley, where it enters into the Sacramento River.
- The site of Sutter's Mill where gold was found in 1848, leading to the California Gold Rush.
- A designated Wild and Scenic River of the United States, known for its whitewater rapids.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Discovery Park (Sacramento) (4 F)
- ► Guy West Bridge (11 F)
- ► H Street Bridge (American River) (5 F)
- ► Jibboom Street Bridge (2 F)
- ► Mountain Quarries Bridge (5 F)
- ► Nimbus Dam (3 F)
- ► Sutter's Mill (16 F)
Media in category "American River (California)"
The following 31 files are in this category, out of 31 total.