From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Anthropometry refers to the measurement of the human individual. An early tool of physical anthropology, it has been used for identification, for the purposes of understanding human physical variation, in paleoanthropology and in various attempts to correlate physical with racial and psychological traits. Today, anthropometry plays an important role in industrial design, clothing design, ergonomics and architecture where statistical data about the distribution of body dimensions in the population are used to optimize products. This category contains both historic images relating anthropometry to racial classification, and images related to the current use of the term.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Media in category "Anthropometry"
The following 200 files are in this category, out of 262 total.(previous page) (next page)
- Anthropometry exhibit.jpg 143 KB
- Arm span.jpg 771 KB
- Bertillon selfportrait.jpg 201 KB
- Captives of Thebes.jpg 80 KB
- Cerdà Barberà, Antoni.JPG 161 KB
- Criminal brains.jpg 390 KB
- Datensammlung Studie.png 233 KB
- FootPressure001.png 5 KB
- Image70.gif 12 KB
- Meyers b1 s0148d.jpg 453 KB
- Meyers b1 s0457e.jpg 406 KB
- Meyers b1 s0911c.jpg 453 KB
- Meyers b12 s0584a.jpg 3.4 MB
- Mongoloid types.jpg 575 KB
- Negrito group.png 178 KB
- People 2.jpg 9.41 MB