Category:Bellevue-Stratford Hotel

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

Bellevue-Stratford Hotel, located at 200 S. Broad Street at the corner of Walnut Street in the Avenue of the Arts district of Philadelphia, was built in 1902-04 and was designed by G. W. & D. W. Hewitt in the French Renaissance Revival style. The Bellevue Stratford was one of the leading hotels in the world, and featured a library, Turkish and Swedish baths, in-house orchestras, a rose garden and three ballrooms. Alterations to the building took place in 1909 and 1913, the latter designed by Hewitt & Paist. An outbreak of Legionaires Disease closed the hotel in 1977, and in 1980 and 1989 it was renovated, each time reducing the number of rooms, with the remainder of the building converted to offices or retail stores. It is now part of the Hyatt Hotel chain, and branded as the "Hyatt at The Bellevue". (Sources: Philadelphia Architecture: A Guide to the City (2nd ed.) and Architecture in Philadelphia: A Guide)

Media in category "Bellevue-Stratford Hotel"

The following 48 files are in this category, out of 48 total.