From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Bodhi Tree, also known as Bo, was a large and ancient Sacred Fig tree (Ficus religiosa ), under which Siddhartha Gautama (later known as Gautama Buddha), the spiritual teacher and founder of Buddhism, reached enlightenment or Bodhi.
- The sacred Bodhi Tree grew in present day Bodh Gaya, in the state of Bihar, northern India.
- In religious iconography, the Bodhi tree is recognizable by its heart-shaped leaves, which are a prominent feature.
- Designated Bodhi trees" are currently growing sacred trees, propagated by saplings and seeds from earlier specimens propagated from the original Bodhi Tree.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Bodhi Tree in art (6 F)
Media in category "Bodhi Tree"
The following 34 files are in this category, out of 34 total.
- Arbre-bodhi.jpg 349 KB
- Bo Leaf (5156257428).jpg 208 KB
- Bodhgaya ei06-23.jpg 4.22 MB
- Bodhi Tree (2380490075).jpg 1.13 MB
- Bodhitree.jpg 4.14 MB
- Bodhivriksha.JPG 10.02 MB
- Kagyu Monlam Scenery.jpg 1.05 MB
- Maha Bodhi tree 2.jpg 146 KB
- Mahabodhitree.jpg 215 KB
- Mahabodhitree1.jpg 2.57 MB
- Peepal leaf image1.jpg 2.1 MB
- Peepal leaf image2.jpg 184 KB
- Peepal tree image1.jpg 401 KB
- Pippal tree 1.jpg 3.17 MB
- Pippal tree 2.jpg 3.26 MB
- Pippal tree.jpg 3.38 MB
- Prayer beads.jpg 668 KB
- Prostrating Tibetan monks.jpg 1.53 MB
- Vajrasana Bodhgaya.jpg 340 KB
- Vajrashila.JPG 7.03 MB