Category:Brooklyn Borough Hall
Brooklyn Borough Hall designed by Calvin Pollard and Gamaliel King as the City Hall for the City of Brooklyn. Construction of Pollard's Greek Revival design began in 1834, but stopped because of lack of funds. It resumed in 1845, this time to King's design, which kept many aspects of Pollard's original. The buildng was completed in 1848. After the cupola was destroyed by fire in 1895, it was replaced in 1898 by a Victorian cast-iron cupola designed by Vincent C, Griffth and Stoughton & Stoughton. This was the same year that Brooklyn became a borough of Greater New York City, and the City Hall became Borough Hall. In 1987-89 Conklin & Rossant restored the building and installed the long-planned Statue of Justice on top of the cupola. (Sources: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.), Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.), Inside the Apple (2009))
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Brooklyn Borough Hall cupola (3 F)
- ► Court Street – Borough Hall (New York City Subway) (3 C, 4 F)
- ► Fountain at Brooklyn Borough Hall (5 F)
Media in category "Brooklyn Borough Hall"
The following 64 files are in this category, out of 64 total.
- BBorohallnite.JPG 232 KB
- Bk Boro Hall summer dusk jeh.JPG 1.13 MB
- Bkborohalljeh.JPG 874 KB
- Boro Hall in Brooklyn NY.JPG 140 KB
- Borough Hall in HDR.jpg 527 KB
- Borough Hall of Brooklyn.jpg 11.46 MB
- Brooklyn Borough Hall 01.jpg 4.86 MB
- Brooklyn Borough Hall 2.JPG 17.04 MB
- Brooklyn Borough Hall.jpg 964 KB
- Brooklyn-borough-hall.jpg 1.37 MB
- Townhall Brooklyn.jpg 110 KB
- USA-NYC-Brooklyn Borough Hall.JPG 11.88 MB