Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Note: For Mammal Species of the World (2005), this is currently the only extant (living) genus in the subfamilia Cebinae, but not for ITIS, but there are known extinct genus (Retrieved on 10 June 2012).
- Note: Formerly all capuchin monkeys were placed in the genus Cebus; Sapajus was erected in 2012 by Jessica Lynch Alfaro et al. to differentiate the robust (tufted) capuchin monkeys (formerly the C. apella group) from the gracile capuchin monkeys (formerly the C. capucinus group), which remain in Cebus. But Sapajus is not yet widely recognized.
- Mammal Species of the World (v3, 2005) link: Cebus Erxleben, 1777
- ITIS link: Cebus Erxleben, 1777 (mirror)
- IUCN link: Cebus threatened species
genus of mammals
|Taxon author||Johann Christian Polycarp Erxleben, 1777|
This category has the following 21 subcategories, out of 21 total.
- Cebus by zoo (2 C)
- Unidentified Cebus (1 C, 50 F)
- Cebus brunneus (21 F)
- Cebus flavius (1 C, 13 F)
- Cebus imitator (1 C, 49 F)
- Cebus kaapori (4 F)
- Cebus leucocephalus (12 F)
- Cebus olivaceus (3 C, 1 P, 28 F)
- Cebus robustus (1 C, 10 F)
- Cebus unicolor (15 F)
- Cebus xanthosternos (1 C, 2 P, 9 F)
- Cebus yuracus (15 F)