Category:Church of Greece
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Church of Greece is part of the wider Greek Orthodox Church. The canonical territory of the autocephalous Church of Greece is confined to the borders of Greece prior to the Balkan Wars of 1912–1913, with the rest of Greece being subject to the jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. However, most dioceses in Greece outside of the 1912 borders are de facto administered as part of the Church of Greece under an agreement between the churches of Athens and Constantinople.
Christian Orthodox-oriented denomination in Greece
|Instance of||state church,|
Greek Orthodox Church
|Part of||Eastern Orthodox Church|
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Church of Greece"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Archdiocese of Athens emblem.svg 323 × 282; 91 KB
- ChurchInGreece.png 200 × 204; 21 KB
- Drapeaux grec église orthodoxe.jpg 2,638 × 2,017; 3.12 MB
- Ierissoy.jpg 1,102 × 887; 395 KB
- Metropolis katerini date removed.jpg 1,280 × 960; 708 KB
- Metropolis katerini.jpg 1,280 × 960; 520 KB
- Αρχιερατικές.jpg 1,647 × 887; 311 KB