From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|This is a disambiguation page – a navigational aid which lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an internal link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.
See also: Special:Categories/Football, Special:PrefixIndex/Category:Football and All pages with titles containing "Category:Football"
Football may refer to several codes of games generally played with a prolate spheroid ball, except where differently indicated:
- Association football, 11-a-side code of football played with a spherical ball, also called simply football in most countries and soccer in North America and Australia
- American football, 11-a-side code of football derived from rugby, also known as gridiron outside the United States
- Canadian football, 12-a-side code of football derived from rugby
- Australian rules football, 18-a-side code of football played mainly in Australia
- Gaelic football, 15-a-side code of football played mainly in Ireland, also played with a spherical ball
- International rules football, 15-a-side hybrid of Australian rules football and Gaelic football, like the latter played with a spherical ball
- Rugby or rugby football, code of football that originated in England in the 1830s