From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|Frederick I, Elector of Brandenburg
Frederick (de: Friedrich; September 21, 1371 – September 20, 1440) was Burgrave of Nuremberg as Frederick VI and Elector of Brandenburg as Frederick I. He was a son of Burgrave Frederick V of Nuremberg and Elisabeth of Meissen, and was the first member of the House of Hohenzollern to rule Brandenburg.
Family and children
He married en:Elisabeth of Bavaria-Landshut (1383–13 November 1442, Ansbach), daughter of Duke Frederick of Bavaria-Landshut and en:Maddalena Visconti. Their children were:
- John "the Alchemist".
- Frederick II.
- Albrecht Achilles.
- Frederick "the Fat" (c. 1424–6 October 1463, Tangermünde).
- Elisabeth (1403–31 October 1449, Liegnitz), married:
- in Konstanz c. 1420 Duke Ludwig II of Liegnitz and Brieg;
- c. 1438 Duke Wenzel I of Teschen.
- Cäcilie (c. 1405–4 January 1449), married in Berlin 30 May 1423 Duke Wilhelm I of Braunschweig-Lüneburg.
- Margarete (1410–27 July 1465, Landshut), married:
- in 1423 to Duke Albrecht V of Mecklenburg;
- in Ingolstadt 20 July 1441 to :Louis VIII, Duke of Bavaria;
- in 1446 to Martin von Waldenfels.
- Magdalene (c. 1412 –27 October 1454, Scharnebeck), married in Tangermünde 3 July 1429 to Duke Friedrich of Braunschweig-Lüneburg.
- Sofie, born and died 1417.
- Dorothea (9 February 1420–19 January 1491, Rehna), married 1432 to Duke Heinrich IV of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
This category has only the following subcategory.