|Karl May (1842–1912)|
Birth name: Carl Friedrich May
|Date of birth/death||30 March 1912|
|Location of birth/death||Ernstthal, Königreich Sachsen||Radebeul|
|Work location||Hohenstein-Ernstthal, Dresden, Radebeul|
Karl Friedrich May (Hohenstein-Ernstthal, February 25, 1842 - Radebeul, March 30, 1912) was the best selling German writer of all time, noted chiefly for wild west books set in the American West and similar books set in the Middle East; in addition, he also wrote some lesser-known stories set in his native Germany, some poetry, an autobiography, and a play. May also dabbled as a musical composer, writing two very famous romantic German songs, "Forget Me Not" and a version of "Ave Maria".
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Books by Karl May (40 C, 25 F)
- ► Karl May in costumes (empty)
- ► Fictional characters by Karl May (3 C, 3 F)
- ► Group of works by Karl May (8 C)
- ► Plaques to Karl May (7 F)
- ► Karl May in Ruppertsberg (3 F)
Pages in category "Karl May"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Karl May"
The following 18 files are in this category, out of 18 total.
- Frankfurter Buchmesse...
- Karl May edit.jpg
- Karl May.png
- KarlMay Raupp.jpg
- May - Les Pirates de l...
- May - Une maison myst...
- May - Une Visite au pa...
- Museum Hot 1910.jpg
- Stift Ossiach - Karl-M...