Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Flavius Marcianus, known in English as Marcian, (396 – January 457) was the Emperor of the Eastern Roman Empire from 450 until his death. Marcian's rule marked a recovery of the Eastern Empire, which the emperor protected from external menaces and reformed economically and financially. On the other side, the isolationistic politic of Marcian left the Western Roman Empire without help against barbarian attacks, which materialized in the Italian campaigns of Attila and in the Vandal sack of Rome (455).
Eastern Roman (Byzantine) emperor
|Date of birth||396|
|Date of death||26 January 457 (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Marcianus"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Marcianus"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- 35-manasses-chronicle.jpg 1,957 × 1,097; 353 KB
- Barletta Colossus Head (cropped).jpg 170 × 226; 44 KB
- Barletta Colossus Head.jpg 261 × 317; 63 KB
- Colosso-de-barletta (cropped).jpg 126 × 168; 15 KB
- Colosso-de-barletta.jpg 625 × 1,170; 409 KB
- Nuremberg chronicles - Marcianus cropped.jpg 261 × 286; 58 KB
- Nuremberg chronicles f 137r 1.jpg 261 × 1,251; 135 KB