Category:New Kent Road
English: New Kent Road is a road in the London Borough of Southwark. The road was created in 1751 when the Turnpike Trust upgraded a local footpath. This was done as part of the general road improvements associated with the creation of Westminster Bridge; in effect it was possible to travel from the West End/ Westminster to the south-east without having to go via the Borough of Southwark but could now cross St George's Fields to the junction of Newington Causeway and Newington Butts which is where New Kent Road starts at Elephant and Castle. The route runs eastward for a few hundred yards to the junction of Great Dover Street and Tower Bridge Road, known as Bricklayers' Arms, where it joins the original route to the south-east Old Kent Road (the A2).
Media in category "New Kent Road"
The following 16 files are in this category, out of 16 total.
- 195 New Kent Road - geograph.org.uk - 1766341.jpg 640 × 480; 143 KB
- Basketball court on the New Kent Road - geograph.org.uk - 770352.jpg 640 × 480; 116 KB
- BP filling station, New Kent Road - geograph.org.uk - 1766336.jpg 640 × 480; 101 KB
- Driscoll House, 172 New Kent Road, SE1 - geograph.org.uk - 431582.jpg 640 × 480; 117 KB
- Driscoll House, New Kent Road - geograph.org.uk - 1766359.jpg 640 × 480; 114 KB
- Kwik-Fit, New Kent Road - geograph.org.uk - 1766365.jpg 640 × 480; 182 KB
- New Kent Road - geograph.org.uk - 674924.jpg 640 × 480; 86 KB
- New Kent Road, London SE1 - geograph.org.uk - 674928.jpg 640 × 480; 86 KB
- New Kent Road, SE1 - geograph.org.uk - 431586.jpg 640 × 480; 81 KB
- Rodney Place and the New Kent Road - geograph.org.uk - 770369.jpg 640 × 480; 90 KB
- South London warehouse fire 1980.jpg 799 × 421; 41 KB
- Street furniture on the New Kent Road - geograph.org.uk - 1766367.jpg 640 × 480; 154 KB
- Subway under the New Kent Road - geograph.org.uk - 1766269.jpg 640 × 480; 164 KB
- Virginia HIstorical Marker - Bottom's Bridge.jpeg 2,296 × 2,164; 1.87 MB