From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Orange Institution (more commonly known as the Orange Order or Orange Lodge) is a Protestant fraternal organisation based mainly in Northern Ireland and Scotland, though it has lodges throughout the Commonwealth and United States. The Institution was founded in 1796 near the village of Loughgall in County Armagh, Ireland. Its name is a tribute to Dutch-born Protestant William of Orange, who defeated the army of Catholic James II at the Battle of the Boyne (1690).
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Battle of the Diamond (2 C, 3 F)
- ► Orange Halls (5 C, 2 F)
- ► Lamartine Hall (2 F)
- ► Orange banners in Northern Ireland (117 F)
- ► Orange riots (4 F)
- ► Orange Walks (4 C)
Media in category "Orange Order"
The following 25 files are in this category, out of 25 total.
- Anti Orange Order flag.JPG 3.11 MB
- John Hillyard Cameron.jpg 102 KB
- Drumcree.jpg 645 KB
- Drumcreeparishlogo.png 50 KB
- Flag of the Orange Order.svg 792 bytes
- George Murdoch.jpg 11 KB
- Loyalist flags.jpg 832 KB
- Newbuildings flags.jpg 56 KB
- Orange order.svg 4 KB
- Orangeorder2004.jpg 946 KB
- Rev Brian Kennaway.jpg 3.01 MB
- Shankill july.JPG 322 KB
- USFO1.JPG 76 KB