Category:Politicians of Iceland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Names of people from Iceland differ from most current Western family name systems by being patronymic (occasionally matronymic) in that they reflect the immediate father (or mother) of the child and not the historic family lineage. Icelanders have continued to use their traditional name system, which was formerly used in all of Scandinavia. Therefore, the Icelandic system does not use family names (while some people have family names and might use both systems). Name lists are sorted by first names.
|Instance of||Wikimedia category|
|Category combines topics||politician (unknown data type: wikibase-property),|
|Category contains||human (Iceland, politician)|
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Government ministers of Iceland (18 C)
- ► Heads of state of Iceland (2 C)
- ► Members of Alþingi (88 C, 15 F)
- ► Presidents of Iceland (7 C)
- ► LGBT politicians from Iceland (1 C)
- ► Local politicians of Iceland (2 C)
- ► Mayors of Iceland (10 C)
- ► Politicians of Iceland by party (14 C)
- ► Prime ministers of Iceland (20 C, 1 F)