Reed Organs :
Musical instrument producing sound with reeds and a Vaccuum system.
See also category: Harmoniums. (pressure system)
For variations of Harmoniums / Reed organs see category: Pump organs by type.
- Dr. Robert J. Allan, Ch. Phys. (2003–2004) "The Reed Organ" in The Free Reed Organ in England
"Reed organs, for the sake of this study, are usually free reed organs powered by vacuum (suction), often refered to as “American organs” because most originated in the USA. They are also often refered to as “pump organs” on all continents. Ian Thompson refers to them as SROs (Suction Reed Organs). ... We note however that there are some pressure instruments which cannot be classified as harmoniums (such as certain models of Aeolian Orchestrelle and the Vocalion) and there are also combined suction/ pressure instruments which we have listed as reed organs. We thus reserve the name “harmonium” for the original French style pressure wind instrument and use the name “reed organ” for everything else."
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Pump organs by type (17 C)
- ► American reed organs (3 C, 44 F)
- ► Inside of reed organs (3 F)
- ► Melodeons (2 C, 2 F)
- ► Regal organs (19 F)
- ► Suction reed organs (2 C)
Pages in category "Reed organs"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Reed organs"
The following 45 files are in this category, out of 45 total.
- 4ft+8ftReeds.JPG 608 KB
- Aeolian Grand - clavier.JPG 3.66 MB
- Aeolian Grand - orchestrelle.JPG 7.75 MB
- Alleyorgan.jpg 63 KB
- Bieniszew organy.JPG 1,002 KB
- Copy of pump organ.jpg 325 KB
- Dolly's House Museum organ.jpg 2.13 MB
- Farfisa reed chord organ.jpg 1.2 MB
- Flukes Saltaire DSC01788.JPG 1,000 KB
- Footpropelled organ.jpg 22 KB
- OrganCasaNaBolom.JPG 4.37 MB
- Pump organ.jpg 1.3 MB
- Reed organ, Ickworth.jpg 420 KB
- Reykholt 09.jpg 3.85 MB
- St Oswald Hoellental 0022.jpg 1.29 MB
- Twenty-four eyes12s3200.jpg 2.68 MB
- Western Cottage pump organ.jpg 2.39 MB
- Zunge.abwaerts.ogg 546 KB
- Zunge.aufwaerts.ogg 526 KB