Category:S. H. Kress and Co. Building (St. Petersburg, Florida)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The S. H. Kress and Co. Building located at 475 Central Avenue at the corner of 5th Street S. in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida, was built in 1927 in the classical Commercial style influenced by the Beaux-Arts movement. The architect is unknown, but the Kress Company maintained a staff of architects who designed many of their buildings. The building operated as a "five-and-dime store" from 1927 until the company closed it c.1981. (Source: City of St. Petersburg: The Kress Building) The building is located within the Downtown St. Petersburg Historic District, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on October 1, 2001.
This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States of America. Its reference number is
former five and dime store in St. Petersburg, Florida
|Instance of||department store|
Media in category "S. H. Kress and Co. Building (St. Petersburg, Florida)"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- S. H. Kress and Co. Building (St. Petersburg, Florida) 2.jpg 2,857 × 2,306; 1.91 MB
- S. H. Kress and Co. Building (St. Petersburg, Florida).jpg 2,841 × 2,306; 1.93 MB
- S. H. Kress and Co. Building, 475 Central Avenue, St. Petersburg, Florida.jpg 3,218 × 3,348; 1.95 MB
- St. Pete Kress Bldg pano-tall01.jpg 2,545 × 2,510; 1.95 MB
- St. Pete Kress Bldg01.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 1.58 MB
- St. Pete Kress Bldg02.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 1.59 MB
- St. Pete Kress Bldg03.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 1.49 MB
- St. Pete Kress Bldg04.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 1.96 MB