Category:Sandon, Essex

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Sandon is a small village just off junction 17 of the A12 in Essex, adjacent to Great Baddow and close to Danbury. It was known for an ancient oak tree covering most of the village green. This rare Spanish oak was planted in 1888 to mark Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee, and was removed for safety reasons in 2000 after collapsing due to long-standing fungal infection (this oak tree was used by a local artist for many of his paintings, and was represented on the village sign for several years). Three new oak trees were planted on the village green to continue its legacy and mark Queen Elizabeth's Golden Jubilee.
Sandon 
village and civil parish in Essex, UK
St Andrew, Sandon, Essex - geograph.org.uk - 1496277.jpg
Upload media
Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg  Wikipedia
Instance ofvillage,
civil parish
Location Chelmsford, Essex, East of England, England
51° 42′ 54″ N, 0° 31′ 33.6″ E
Authority control
Edit infobox data on Wikidata
Sandon (Essex) (it); স্যান্ডোন (bn); સૅન્ડન (gu); Сандон (ru); Sandon, Essex (cy); Sandon (pt); سندن، اسکس (fa); Sandonas (lt); سانڈوں (ur); サンドン (ja); Sandon (pl); Sandon, Essex (sv); Sandon (ceb); Sandon (Essex) (nan); Sandon (de); Sandon (nl); 珊登 (zh-hant); ಸ್ಯಾಂಡೊನ್ (kn); స్యాండన్ (te); 샌던 (ko); Sandon (en); Sandon (es); 珊登 (zh-hans); சண்டன் (ta) parokya sa Hiniusang Gingharian, Inglatera, Essex (ceb); village britannique (fr); kylä Yhdistyneessä kuningaskunnassa (fi); village and civil parish in Essex, UK (en); قرية في المملكة المتحدة (ar); селище в Обединено кралство Великобритания и Северна Ирландия (bg); Essex (nl) Sandon, Essex (en)