Category:Secretaries of State for War of the United Kingdom
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Secretary of State for War handled British Army military matters until 1964 when the Land, Sea and Air forces together came under the Secretary of State for Defence.
British cabinet-level position
|Subclass of|| Secretary of State,|
minister of war
|Location||Kingdom of Great Britain, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, United Kingdom|
|Applies to jurisdiction||Kingdom of Great Britain|
This category has the following 19 subcategories, out of 19 total.
- ► H. O. Arnold-Forster (4 F)
- ► Gathorne Gathorne-Hardy, 1st Earl of Cranbrook (1 P, 4 F)
- ► Richard Haldane, 1st Viscount Haldane (1 C, 1 P, 18 F)
- ► John Pakington, 1st Baron Hampton (3 F)
- ► Herbert Henry Asquith, 1st Earl of Oxford and Asquith (5 C, 40 F)
- ► Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener (7 C, 1 P, 109 F)
- ► Henry Petty-FitzMaurice, 5th Marquess of Lansdowne (1 P, 21 F)
- ► Alfred Milner, 1st Viscount Milner (2 C, 1 P, 20 F)
- ► William Windham (19 F)
Media in category "Secretaries of State for War of the United Kingdom"
This category contains only the following file.
- John Strachey by Lady Ottoline Morrell.jpg 212 × 249; 24 KB