Category:States of Germany
administrative division of Germany
|Instance of||designation for an administrative territorial entity of a single country|
|Subclass of||federated state,|
administrative territorial entity of Germany,
first-level NUTS of the European Union,
first-level administrative country subdivision
- Free State of Bavaria (Freistaat Bayern)
- Free Hanseatic City of Bremen (Freie Hansestadt Bremen)
- Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg (Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg)
- Hesse (Hessen)
- Lower Saxony (Niedersachsen)
- North Rhine-Westphalia (Nordrhein-Westfalen)
- Rhineland-Palatinate (Rheinland-Pfalz)
- Free State of Saxony (Freistaat Sachsen)
- Saxony-Anhalt (Sachsen-Anhalt)
- Free State of Thuringia (Freistaat Thüringen)
Note: The designation free state / Freistaat is merely used for historical reasons. Legally a Freistaat is no different from the other states. The usual official name is Land of […]. At the federal level, each Land is represented in the German Bundesrat ("Federal Council").
This category has the following 31 subcategories, out of 31 total.
- Lower Saxony (35 C, 3 P, 10 F)
- Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (31 C, 2 P, 3 F)
- North Rhine-Westphalia (20 C, 2 P)
- Rhineland-Palatinate (42 C, 2 P, 1 F)
- Thuringia (28 C, 2 P, 2 F)
Pages in category "States of Germany"
The following 3 pages are in this category, out of 3 total.
Media in category "States of Germany"
The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.
- German states by nominal GRP in 2017.png 4,235 × 4,505; 1.27 MB
- German states by nominal GRP per capita in 2016.png 4,191 × 4,501; 1.24 MB