Category:Tacoma (ship, 1870)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: William Denny and Bros of Dumbarton, Scotland
- Yard No:
- Keel laid:
- Launch date: 01.02.1870
- Date of completion: 1870
- Length over all: 99.8 m
- LPP: m
- Beam: 12 m
- Draught: m
- GRT: 2553
- Sail area:
- Main engine: Steam
- Screw: 1
- Speed: 12 kn
- Passengers: 150-1st class and 800-3rd class
- Reefer points:
- 1870 Named: BATAVIA for the Cunard Line.
- 10.05.1870 Left Liverpool on her maiden voyage to Queenstown [ Cobh ] and New York
- 06.02.1884 Last voyage on this service,
- 1884 Sold to John Elder & Co.[shipbuilders] in part exchange for the "Umbria" and "Etruria"
- 1885 Fitted with triple expansion engines.
- 1887 - 1891 Ran on the Pacific for for Canadian Pacific
- 1892 Sold to Northern Pacific. Renamed: TACOMA
- 1898 Sold to North American Mail [US] and in 1901, back to Northern Pacific.
- 1904 Sold to North Western Commercial
- 1905 Seized by the Japanese during the Russo-Japanese War Renamed: SHIKOTAN MARU
- 03.10.1924 Stranded near Shaiweishan, was refloated and scrapped.