Jump to navigation Jump to search
cards used for games or divination
|Said to be the same as||tarot deck|
Tarot cards are simply packs of cards with an additional suit of numbered cards.
With a few exceptions they are divided into:
- Playing cards. Those intended for playing card games. The first tarot cards were made in Italy in the mid-15th century solely for playing games. This was their original use and one that is still widespread in Europe today.
- Divinatory cards. Those intended for divination. This new use of tarot cards arose in late 18th century France based on Italian-suited packs, notably the Tarot de Marseilles. Since then, cards designed for esoteric use have diverged from traditional packs.
Packs such as the Tarot de Marseilles that are used for both purposes should be grouped under both sub-categories. The remainder should be categorised according to their intended usage.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- Divinatory tarot cards (18 C, 28 F)
- Tarot playing cards (22 C, 1 P, 32 F)
Media in category "Tarot cards"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Arcanos mayores, Ryder.jpg 598 × 613; 123 KB
- Fairy Floral Tarot Card.png 768 × 1,280; 1.94 MB
- FardousNashaat.jpg 1,080 × 1,080; 301 KB
- From malang - indonesia.jpg 1,080 × 1,920; 1.22 MB
- Føroyskt TR°TH back cover.jpg 898 × 1,387; 91 KB
- Føroyskt TR°TH message cover.tif 782 × 1,146; 253 KB
- Føroyskt TR°TH tree of life cover.tif 1,500 × 3,000; 1.35 MB
- Imaginary Friends Tarot Deck.jpg 2,341 × 2,341; 1.64 MB
- Logo Imaginary Friends Tarot.jpg 1,595 × 1,595; 150 KB
- Tarot Deck Taraot Answers.jpg 1,512 × 1,354; 531 KB