Automatic or Manually Assisted: Automatic after a period of manually assitance.
Programming Language(s): AWB
Edit period(s) (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run): Occasional.
Bot flag requested: (Y/N): Y
Functions: recategorisation, correction for the moment. perhaps more in few months.
Bot account already obtained on French Wikipedia : Ptbotgourou (Editcount). --Gdgourou 09:04, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
- Could you please provide more details about categorization? It's hot topic sometimes. --EugeneZelenko 15:27, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
- No problem, it's mainly for Disney related images like theme parks (some change of name or naming error,...) for the moment but there will be more in the future like sub-category for attraction, hotels... and perhaps french wikipedia related requests... --Gdgourou 21:35, 4 January 2008 (UTC)
- Can you do a small trial run here and let us know what sorts of things were done (and where the input comes from?) Thanks. ++Lar: t/c 05:01, 7 January 2008 (UTC)
I have reminded the user there is an open request for a test run which has been open for well over a week with no response. If Gdgourou doesn't respond within a few (5?) days I recommend we archive this request as not approved, because I think it's important that bot owners be responsive to concerns and problems. ++Lar: t/c 14:23, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry and thanks to Lar, I'm not always on commons... I couldn't really perform a test with the account because i need to do it manually, AWB is block without the flag... for the input... it will be by example the renaming of Category:California Adventure in Category:Disney's California Adventure (official name), Category:Walt Disney World in Category:Walt Disney World Resort (also official name) or transfering Category:Disney-MGM Studios into Category:Disney's Hollywood Studios (offical renaming since january 2008)... the other input will be to have a similarity between french-english-commons. --Gdgourou 15:10, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
- I do a change manually... with the Ptbotgourou's account... the transfert of Category:Disney-MGM Studios into Category:Disney's Hollywood Studios. --Ptbotgourou 15:25, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
- I'll give the bot account the AWB approval listing it needs for a test run if you want, and if you commit not to use it for other than a fairly small run... the changes you just did seem like they were by hand. AWB category change is a very well exercised area of the software (lots of people do use it) so it's not really necessary... I'm ok with your getting the flag now, or if you want to do that, LMK, then after that run. ++Lar: t/c 15:33, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
- Ok, the other part of my request is that i prefer not using AWB for my main account ... distinguish my AWB contributions from the other... like i do on french wikipedia... if it not neccessary perhaps my bot account will be useless... --Gdgourou 15:41, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
- I will perform a small run on the category:California Adventure... --Gdgourou 15:46, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
I put Ptbotgourou on the AWB bot list so you can test with that ID. If all goes well I'll be setting the bot flag shortly as we seem to have no objections. ++Lar: t/c 16:56, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks ... I try now... --Gdgourou 17:13, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
- My test has been performed... so now i wait your approval for more actions...thanks for your patience with me. --Gdgourou 17:18, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
"Bot flag granted. Please update the lists at Commons:Bots as appropriate. ++Lar: t/c 20:47, 19 January 2008 (UTC)