Commons:Requests for rights
How to make a request
If you request the rollback-right, please read the how-to first.
Admins and anyone with global rollback don't need to request rollback. License reviewers don't have to request the patrol and extended uploader flag.
- Has uploaded thousands of Indian Naval images without issue. It isn't necessary to patrol their uploads especially considering they all have to go through license review anyways. If an admin could mark them as autopatrolled it would be appreciate it. Thanks! --Majora (talk) 03:00, 20 March 2018 (UTC)
- Done Yann (talk) 07:24, 20 March 2018 (UTC)
- For adding groups of files to new and underused categories. Thank you. Ibadibam (talk) 23:08, 14 March 2018 (UTC)
- I'd like to request AWB permission to help simplify the task at cleaning up files transferred from other Wikipedias in small batches. Thank you. 09:45, 17 March 2018 (UTC)
- To cleanup/add categories to the files I mass uploaded from Flickr. Thank you. Bennv3771 (talk) 06:38, 19 March 2018 (UTC)
- I would like to be able to mass-rollback at speed like my operator Jeff G. can, but without clogging up recent changes. Thank you. JeffGBot (talk) 04:33, 14 March 2018 (UTC)
- Done Yann (talk) 07:21, 20 March 2018 (UTC)
- This is a little silly, but I... forgot I didn't have rollback on commons honestly. I wen't to rollback this and thought, gee... where's the button at? I'm not the most active vandal fighter, but I've had the permission on enwiki for a good while and have managed not to break anything with it. GMGtalk 18:29, 14 March 2018 (UTC)
- Done Yann (talk) 07:22, 20 March 2018 (UTC)
- I've recently become active here at the Commons again and have noticed while going through the Flickr images that need reviewed that a lot of them have meaningless names (in some cases, literally just numbers). I'd like to be able to change those right away as opposed to having to waste someone else's time by requesting a change. I'm already a file reviewer, and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank you. ALH (talk) 01:58, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
Upload Wizard campaign editors
- I am active since 1 year and I have 11,000+ edits but while uploading files through F2C it says you have exceeded your edit limit. I need the rights for mass uploading. Thank you. √Jæ√ 06:52, 9 March 2018 (UTC)
- Why do you think the extended uploader user group grants you a higher rate limit than you have right now? --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 06:55, 9 March 2018 (UTC)
- Not done Which is plenty... and this right will not increase your rate limit. Not done as per no demonstrated need. Jon Kolbert (talk) 07:14, 9 March 2018 (UTC)
- @Jon Kolbert: Please tell me which right increase my rate limit.√Jæ√ 07:16, 9 March 2018 (UTC)
- It doesn't appear as if having an increased rate limit would be best suited for you right now, it's valuable to take time and verify that you aren't uploading istockphoto images and other images with copyright issues. Quality of uploads takes vast precedence over quantity of uploads. Jon Kolbert (talk) 07:22, 9 March 2018 (UTC)
- Indeed, I wish our chemists to see less trash like File:20180228-FS-RA-0119 (40643297051).jpg or File:20180228-FS-RA-0187 (40643296931).jpg in Calcium, not more such trash. Incnis Mrsi (talk) 07:56, 9 March 2018 (UTC)
- Hi :)
Now that MP3 finally became a free format, I'd like to upload the freely licensed files from audionautix.com to Commons, categorize them, and assign appropriate license information. I'll exclude files created by "guest composers", because these did release their work under a free license but have not specified sufficient information to credit them appropriately.
I have already downloaded all the files matching my strict criteria and already considered uploading them as .ogg or .flac. However, as the original downloaded files are provided in MP3 format, there is no reason anymore to increase file size or do a lossy conversion instead of using the now-free files.
I recommend having a look at my global contributions to verify my experience.
I did a similar uploading batch of free files for Dylan O'Donnell, astrophotographer, and he later explicitly thanked me for doing this work. I am confident that I can upload the MP3 files in a way that makes Jason Shaw happy as well.
I am only interested in the MP3 uploading privilege, and if there is a way to grant only that right, this would be perfectly okay for me. I do not currently need any of the other rights that are included with this usergroup. I won't complain about receiving them though, and I think that I am qualified to receive them as well.
Thank you very much in advance. ToBeFree (talk) 19:27, 12 March 2018 (UTC)
- Done License of files from website (excluding guest composers) has been confirmed as eligible for use on Commons. ~riley (talk) 20:05, 12 March 2018 (UTC)