video2commons is a tool to upload videos from a url to Wikimedia Commons, it automatically converts the video to a commons compatible format. It includes function such as removing audio, subtitles, video. The tool uses OAuth to login.
How is it working
- Login to the tool
- Chose the video you want to convert
- Fill the template for file description and add categories
- The conversion will start on the cloud:
- the first step will show a loading bar
- the second step will show a advancement bar, with an indication of the percentage remaining
- The converted video is automatically uploaded to Commons
You can close your browser while the task is ongoing, while the conversion is made on the server, not on your computer.
You can also add more tasks. They will be added to the queue and published when done.