Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2015/Winners
The Wiki Loves Africa 2015 photographic competition has resulted in over 7500 image uploads to Commons around the theme Cultural Fashion and Adornment. The photo contest entries were reviewed by a panel of experts, which collectively, identified a Best of Images from Wiki Loves Africa 2015 from the contest.
From this short list, the jury identified three winners. Congratulations to them !
Another busy afternoon in Kenya by Isaac Kaigi
Fashion designer in St Louis in Senegal by Lucas Takerkart, from France
Lady in Gele, an african head dress in Ghana by Dili Osuhor
The Community Prize of the photo contest was decided between the 5th till the 15th of February. Community members from Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons members chose from the top 39 (these images of course did not include the top 3 winners that had already been selected by the official jury).
Women in haïk at the port of Algiers, Algeria
by Mustapha Brahim Djelloul, uploaded by and slightly fixed by The Photographer
All African countries were welcome to participate to the contest. The winning country in terms of participation was... Tunisia with 1242 pictures ! Congratulations to the local Wikimedia Tunisie which put so much energy in the contest !
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2016/Winners
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2016/Results and best practices
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2016/Community Prize Selection
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2015/Winners
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2015/Community Prize Selection
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2015/Results and best practices
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2015 in Algeria