Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2017 in South Korea/english
Wiki Loves Earth is an international photographic competition to promote natural heritages around the world through Wikimedia Projects including Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedians of Korea User Group is participating in it this event this year for the first time to promote natural heritages of South Korea. Everyone, including photo newbies and experts, can join in this competition.
- Wikimedians of Korea User Group & Wikimedia Community
- All of partipants can get Certificate of Participation.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to Best Three Photographs.
- 1st: 1,000,000 KRW
- 2nd: 300,000 KRW
- 3rd: 200,000 KRW
1. You should have legal conditions to get the cash prize according to related laws of South Korea and your own country, and agree to provide your private information to the organizer.
2. You should pay taxes imposed to yourself when you get your prize. We may deduct your taxes from the prize before giving it to you.
- E. A. Gu (Coordinator, Wikimedians of Korea)
- Start date: 1st May 2017 (KST)
- End date: 31st May 2017 (KST)
- Decision of Competition: end of June 2017 (KST)
All entries must be your own work
All photos must be uploaded within May 2017 (KST), to be eligible1 2
All photos must be distributed under CC BY-SA 3.0 or other free licences.
All participants must not violate other's copyrights.4
All participants must have an activated email address
1. You can upload multiple images
2. A day when an image was taken is not important
3. We don't take any responsibilities for problems that will happen when you enter prohibited areas.
4. Note: Please, do not upload pictures that contains sculptures, paintings, etc, which are under the exclusive copyright, in which case, the photo is not compatible with CC BY-SA or other licenses.
5. You can only upload photos that follow the goal of the competition and the policies of the Wikimedia Commons
How to participate
Prepare photos of monuments in this list
Sign in or create an account on Wikimedia Commons
Choose a proper name for your photo, and explain what your photo is about.
Click above upload butten or here.
Share your works uploaded successfully on social media with our hashtags: #WLE2017, #WLEKorea
Lists of protected areas in South Korea
- Commons:Wiki Loves Earth 2017 in South Korea/List
- Note: We will give 30 percent of points more to you in the final stage of judgement, when there aren't any photos on May 1, 2017 in Korean Wikipedia's articles that explain the areas which you take.