Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 in Switzerland/Results
The selection has been organized in two steps.
- Final selection
The pre-selection has excluded the photos not matching these criteria:
- monuments not listed in the official list
- participants without contacts (email not present)
- low resolution and low quality (i.e. out of focus or bad exposure)
- problems of privacy (clear identification of people taken in the photos)
- presence of unrelated objects in connection with the monuments (i.e. scaffolds or cranes)
Basically these criteria have a limited personal evaluation and may be considered impartial parameters.
In addition we accepted photos which have been uploaded within 30 minutes after the end of the contest (anyway none of them have been selected by the final jury in the top 50).
The final jury was composed by 6 members and they voted on a subset of ~1000 images in two weeks.
The parameters used to evaluate the photos have been :
- Technical quality
- originality and artistic value
- descriptive and pedagogical value
Below there is the list of the top 50.
The 10 winners will be announced the 24th November in the final ceremony and the 10 selected photos for international contest have been already communicated to the international team.
Indeed the Swiss regulation states that a participant can receive only one prize, so in the top 10 there are single participants, instead the selection for international contest is consisting of the best 10 photos even if a participant has more than one photo.
Hans Rudolf Baumann, Baden (Switzerland)
Ilario (The user is not eligible as winner)
memoria st. gallen