File:Magna Carta (British Library Cotton MS Augustus II.106).jpg
English: The Magna Carta (originally known as the Charter of Liberties) of 1215, written in iron gall ink on parchment in medieval Latin, using standard abbreviations of the period, authenticated with the Great Seal of King John. The original wax seal was lost over the centuries. This document is held at the British Library and is identified as "British Library Cotton MS Augustus II.106".
|Date||One of four known surviving 1215 exemplars of Magna Carta.|
|Author||Original authors were the barons and King John of England. Uploaded by Earthsound.|
This is a faithful photographic reproduction of a two-dimensional, public domain work of art. The work of art itself is in the public domain for the following reason:
This photographic reproduction is therefore also considered to be in the public domain in the United States. In other jurisdictions, re-use of this content may be restricted; see Reuse of PD-Art photographs for details.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||07:30, 8 March 2010||7,200 × 4,800 (5.97 MB)||Earthsound||higher resolution, and this is the original 1215 version of the Magna Carta, not the 1225 (as was originally uploaded) or the 1297 (the last version uploaded).|
|01:32, 17 March 2008||737 × 902 (251 KB)||AEMoreira042281||Clearer version---no tatters|
|01:28, 17 March 2008||498 × 900 (827 KB)||AEMoreira042281||Larger version found|
|07:21, 17 March 2005||301 × 604 (47 KB)||Oldie~commonswiki||Magna Carta, From en wiki|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
File usage on Commons
File usage on other wikis
The following other wikis use this file:
- Usage on af.wikipedia.org
- Usage on als.wikipedia.org
- Usage on an.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ar.wikipedia.org
- Usage on arz.wikipedia.org
- Usage on azb.wikipedia.org
- Usage on az.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bg.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bn.wikipedia.org
- Usage on bs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ca.wikipedia.org
- Usage on chr.wikipedia.org
- Usage on ckb.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cs.wikipedia.org
- Usage on cy.wikipedia.org
- Usage on da.wikipedia.org
- Usage on de.wikipedia.org
View more global usage of this file.