Template talk:Cultural Heritage Taiwan
The whole template needs to be updated. The URLs, as they currently are created by this template might have been correct once, but the URLs of the government body's pages have been updated, so this template is currently just creating dead links.
I have found a document which pairs up (at least some of) the old IDs (for example AA0960200000) with the new URLs.
It can be accessed via:
The Google Shorten link (as in http://goo . gl........) for each entry in the document will then take you to the current URL.
Not all of Taiwan's cultural heritage is included, however. For example, it seems that AA09602000707 is not included
I have also found a way to use the ID to retrieve a functioning URL (different and less useful than the new URLs which you can find through the process described above), which however is not the main identification page. Let's say the template would generate the following old, and broken, URL for
This is a photo of a monument in Taiwan identified by the IDAA09602000707
Then, one can use the same ID AA09602000707 to retrieve the still working URL: https://www.culture.gov.taipei/frontsite/cultureassets/caseBuildingAction.do?method=doViewGMap&caseId=AA09602000707&assetsClassifyId=1.2 (Verheyen Vincent (talk) 09:21, 5 April 2017 (UTC))
- @Verheyen Vincent: If you know the problem and you know the solution, then I invite you to put a request into Commons:Bot requests with the your proposal to fix, and someone can run with it. — billinghurst sDrewth 03:00, 6 April 2017 (UTC)
- Noting that the methodology doesn't work for File:高雄忠烈祠.jpg and a link translation, so someone is going to need to explore a little more in depth. — billinghurst sDrewth 03:07, 6 April 2017 (UTC)
- New Base URL
- Doing a Google search I think I found the new base URL but the ID have all completely changed.
- Using ID = AA09602000707 as example:
- Old base URL = http://www.boch.gov.tw/boch/frontsite/cultureassets/caseBasicInfoAction.do?method=doViewCaseBasicInfo&iscancel=true&caseId=AA09602000707&version=1&assetsClassifyId=1.1&menuId=302
- New page ID = 1027
- New base URL = https://nchdb.boch.gov.tw/webno/cultureassets/Building/info_upt.aspx?p0=1027
- As for 高雄忠烈祠.jpg with ID of UA09701000006, it's now located using page ID of 9343 (i.e. https://nchdb.boch.gov.tw/web/cultureassets/Building/info_upt.aspx?p0=9343)
- The particular files can be looked up from the updated National Culture Heritage Database Management System (Searchable in Chinese) or (Non-searchable listing in English.
ID will be changed
Hi all, Government of Taiwan says that they will change all cultural heritage's ID in Nov. 2017 because of the law about cultural heritage was changed in Dec. last year. We'll be busy to change the data that time. :O --Reke (talk) 07:52, 18 April 2017 (UTC)