Jump to navigation Jump to search
umbrella term for the study of the atmosphere
English: Atmospheric sciences is an umbrella term for the study of the atmosphere and its processes. It currently contains 2 main subcategories:
- Category:Meteorology which includes atmospheric chemistry, atmospheric physics, and planetary atmospheres with a major focus on weather forecasting.
- Category:Climatology which discusses climate change, climate, anthropogenic (man-caused) climate variability.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- Aeronomy (6 C)
- Climatology (34 C)
- Meteorology (30 C, 1 P)
- Atmospheric chemistry (3 C, 23 F)
- Atmospheric physics (9 C)
- Atmospheric scientists (4 C, 4 F)
- Air pollution (17 C, 1 P, 104 F)
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory Science Division (3 C, 2 F)
- Reference atmospheric model (3 C, 1 F)
- Atmospheric science on stamps (1 C, 2 F)
- TCCON (4 F)
- Teleconnection (16 C, 12 F)