Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Darjeeling (Nepali: दार्जीलिंग) is a town in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is the headquarters of Darjeeling district, in the Shiwalik Hills on the lower range of the Himalaya, at an average elevation of 6,982 ft (2,128 m). During the British Raj in India, Darjeeling's temperate climate led to its development as a hill station (hill town) for British residents to escape the heat of the plains during the summers, becoming known as the Summer Capital.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
town in the Indian state of West Bengal
|Instance of|| municipality of West Bengal,|
|Location||Darjeeling Sadar subdivision, Darjeeling District, Jalpaiguri division, West Bengal, India|
|Elevation above sea level|| |
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Buildings in Darjeeling (13 C, 21 F)
- ► Culture of Darjeeling (4 C, 19 F)
- ► People of Darjeeling (9 C, 44 F)
- ► Education in Darjeeling (4 C, 1 F)
- ► Geography of Darjeeling (12 C, 50 F)
- ► History of Darjeeling (5 C, 3 F)
- ► Monuments and memorials in Darjeeling (3 C, 4 F)
- ► Nature of Darjeeling (6 C, 14 F)
- ► Transport in Darjeeling (4 C, 1 F)
- ► Unidentified locations in Darjeeling (26 F)
- ► Visitor attractions in Darjeeling (18 C, 3 F)
Pages in category "Darjeeling"
This category contains only the following page.