Category:Greater East Asia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Greater East Asia (sometimes Greater Eastern Asia) can refer to:
- Greater East Asia region (大東亜地區) including Northern, Northeastern and Southeastern Asia, a part of Inner Asia, the east of Southern Asia, Micronesia and Melanesia.
- Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (大東亜共栄圏): An imperial concept created and promulgated for occupied Asian populations during 1930-45 by the Empire of Japan. It extended greater than East Asia and promoted the cultural and economic unity of Northeast and Southeast Asians, as well as Oceanians. It also declared the intention to create a self-sufficient "bloc of Asian nations led by the Japanese and free of Western powers". It was announced in a radio address entitled "The International Situation and Japan's Position" by Foreign Minister Hachirō Arita on June 29, 1940.
- Far East: An alternate geographical term in English (with equivalents in many other languages – see the infobox on the right for examples), that usually refers to East and Southeast Asia, as well as the Russian Far East to a lesser extent.
- Han cultural sphere (漢字文化圏), also known as the Sinosphere or the East Asian cultural sphere: A grouping of countries and regions in East and Southeast Asia that has had significant influences by Chinese culture.
- Eastern Asian Community: A proposed trade bloc for the Eastern Asian and Southeast Asian countries that may arise out of either ASEAN Plus Three or the East Asia Summit.
- Asia-Pacific: The part of the world in or near the Western Pacific Ocean. The region varies in size depending on which context, but it typically includes much of East Asia, South Asia, Southeast Asia, and Oceania.
Media in category "Greater East Asia"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Amsterdam 1685 (1700) ca.png 1,772 × 1,250; 5.08 MB
- Amsterdam-1685 (1700) ca.png 1,654 × 1,336; 5.07 MB
- East Asia, Southeast Asia and the Pacific.png 2,044 × 2,048; 576 KB
- Far east1.png 1,427 × 628; 26 KB
- Greater Asian Co-prosperity sphere.png 1,000 × 1,000; 263 KB
- Greater East Asia Conference Map.PNG 1,357 × 628; 40 KB
- Map of Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere 1941.jpg 1,800 × 1,932; 522 KB
- RCEP.png 4,206 × 4,202; 634 KB