Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Kollam district (Malayalam: കൊല്ലം (ജില്ല)), earlier known as Quilon district, is one of the 14 districts in the state of Kerala, India. The district has its headquarters at Kollam town. The district is representative of all the natural attributes of Kerala and is endowed with a long coastal region, a major sea port on the Arabian Sea, plains, mountains, lakes, lagoons and Kerala Backwaters, forests, farm land and rivers. The area had mercantile relationship with Phoenicians and Romans.
district of Kerala, India
|8° 48′ 00″ N, 76° 36′ 00″ E|
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- Culture of Kollam district (4 C, 18 F)
- Education in Kollam district (5 C, 1 F)
- Geography of Kollam district (16 C, 60 F)
- Nature of Kollam district (8 C, 3 F)
- People of Kollam district (22 C, 26 F)
- Structures in Kollam district (10 C, 7 F)
- Transport in Kollam district (9 C, 9 F)