Pensi La is a mountain pass located in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir (India). Pensi La is 4,400 m (14,436 ft) above sea level and connects the Suru Valley region to the Zanskar Valley region. The summit at this end of the Suru Valley, the only peak which can be seen, is 7,012 m (23,005 ft) high, while the mountain to the north is 6,873 m (22,549 ft). Pensi-La is also the gateway to Padum, the headquarters of Kargil district, by a 240 km metalled road connecting Kargil town to Padum.
|Instance of||mountain pass|
|Elevation above sea level||
Media in category "Pensi La"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Drang Drung glacier seen from the Pensi La pass.JPG 1,600 × 1,200; 1.05 MB
- Pensi La-Stod.JPG 448 × 336; 100 KB
- Pensi LA.jpg 357 × 233; 11 KB
- Pensi La.jpg 448 × 336; 99 KB
- PenziLa Pass Zanskar.JPG 1,200 × 1,600; 1 MB