Category:Princess Viktoria of Prussia
Princess Viktoria of Prussia (Frederica Amalia Wilhelmine Viktoria) (April 12, 1866 – November 13, 1929) was the second daughter of Frederick III of Germany (1831-1888) and his wife, the former Princess Victoria, Princess Royal, later Empress Victoria of Germany Queen Consort of Prussia (1840-1901) daughter of Queen Victoria. To the public she was always Princess Viktoria, and in the family she was called Moretta or Young Vicky.
Like her sisters, Queen Sophia of Greece (Sossy), (and Princess Margaret Landgravine of Hesse (Mossy), Viktoria was devoted to her mother and embraced English ways. As a young woman, Viktoria fell in love with Prince Alexander of Battenberg, who became Prince Alexander I of Bulgaria. Her parents wanted the couple to marry, but Viktoria's grandfather, Emperor Wilhelm I and his chancellor, Otto von Bismarck were opposed to the match. She ended up marrying Prince Adolf of Schaumburg-Lippe on 19 November 1890.
Prussian princess (1866-1929)
|Name in native language|
|Date of birth||12 April 1866|
Friederike Amalia Wilhelmine Victoria von Preußen
|Date of death||13 November 1929|
|Cause of death|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Princess Viktoria of Prussia"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Alexander Zoubkoff 2.jpg 500 × 673; 120 KB
- Alexander Zoubkoff.jpg 2,665 × 1,954; 2.77 MB
- CFP Victoria, princesse de Prusse (1).jpg 779 × 1,458; 152 KB
- CFP Victoria, princesse de Prusse (2).jpg 763 × 1,429; 169 KB
- CFP Victoria, princesse de Prusse (3).jpg 767 × 1,423; 168 KB
- Princess Viktoria of Prussia.jpg 782 × 1,154; 237 KB
- Viktoria Prinzessin von Schaumburg-Lippe (1866–1929).jpg 456 × 601; 155 KB
- Viktoriaprussia1866-2.jpeg 337 × 524; 25 KB
- Friederike (given name)
- Amalia (given name)
- Wilhelmine (given name)
- Viktoria (given name)
- 1866 births
- 1929 deaths
- Friedrich III of Germany, family
- House of Hohenzollern
- Prussian princesses
- Royalty of Germany after 1871
- Recipients of the Order of Louise
- Dames Grand Cross of the Order of Louise
- Dames of the Order of Saint Elizabeth
- Ladies of the Royal Order of Victoria and Albert
- Grandchildren of Victoria and Albert
- Births in Potsdam
- House of Hohenzollern (Franconian branches)