|Instance of||ethnic group|
|Location||India, United States of America, Malaysia|
Telugu people (also called Telugus; Telugu: తెలుగు ప్రజలు) are an ethnic group of India, who is native speakers of the Telugu language, the most commonly spoken language in India after Hindi and Bengali. They are mostly native to Andhra Pradesh, with significant populations in Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and Orissa. Tamils, in their Sangam literature called Telugu people Vadugu, Vadagu, Vadugar etc., meaning "northerners". Jayagondar’s work called Kalingattupparani used words like Telungaru and Vadugu to describe Telugus
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Bonda people (25 F)
- ► Chenchu people (1 C, 2 F)
- ► Gondi people (2 C, 43 F)
- ► Kakatiya dynasty (13 C, 8 F)
- ► Madurai Nayak Dynasty (3 C, 2 F)
- ► Qutb Shahi dynasty (2 C, 3 F)
- ► Vishnukundina Empire (3 C, 2 F)
- ► Telugu Wikipedians (2 C, 6 P, 51 F)
Media in category "Telugu people"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.