|Category Telugu language on sister projects:|
|Subclass of||Dravidian languages|
|ISO 639-1 code|| |
Telugu (తెలుగు) is a Dravidian language mostly spoken by the people of Andhra Pradesh, one of the states in India. It is the mother tongue of Andhra Pradesh. It is also spoken in the state of Tamil Nadu where it holds a secondary language status, as well as in the states of Karnataka, Maharashtra and Jharkhand. It is the 12th largest spoken language in the world. Including non-native speakers, it is the most spoken Dravidian language and the third most spoken language in India. It was conferred the status of a Classical language by the Government of India. Telugu is one of the twenty-two official languages of the Republic of India. It is widely spoken Orissa, and Puducherry, with major populations in Bengaluru and Chennai; the dialects spoken in these places vary greatly from the standard version of the language. It is also spoken among a diaspora population in the USA, Malaysia, Mauritius, South Africa, Ireland, Fiji, Réunion, Trinidad and the UK among other countries around the world.
This category has the following 28 subcategories, out of 28 total.
- ► Telugu people (134 C, 32 F)
- ► Audio files in Telugu (1 C, 1 F)
- ► Telugu cinema (17 C, 1 F)
- ► Female writers from Andhra Pradesh (5 C, 6 F)
- ► Telugu grammar (4 F)
- ► Telugu keyboard layouts (3 F)
- ► Telugu language vocalists (2 C, 2 F)
Media in category "Telugu language"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- DLI Telugu top views.png 1,097 × 1,046; 246 KB
- Telugu Wikipedia access by Unique Devices 201811.png 716 × 534; 35 KB