Category:USS Arizona (BB-39)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|Built by||New York Naval Shipyard|
|Length overall||185.32 m (202.7 yd)|
|Beam||32.31 m (35.3 yd)|
|Draft||10.06 m (11 yd)|
English: The USS Arizona (BB-39) was a Pennsylvania-class battleship of the United States Navy. The vessel was the third to be named in honor of the 48th state, though the first since its statehood was actually achieved. She was commissioned in 1916 and saw action in World War I. The USS Arizona is best known for her cataclysmic and dramatic sinking, with the loss of 1,177 lives, during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on 7 December 1941, the event that brought about U.S. involvement in World War II. The wreck was not salvaged, but continues to lie at the floor of the harbor. It is the site of a memorial to those who perished on that day.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Media in category "USS Arizona (BB-39)"
The following 117 files are in this category, out of 117 total.
- Arizona anchor bolin plaza.JPG 1.91 MB
- Arizona launch party.jpg 3.65 MB
- USS Arizona (BB-39) - NH 57651.tiff 26.48 MB
- USS Arizona (BB-39) - NH 57663.tiff 23.42 MB
- USS Arizona (BB-39) - NH 57665.tiff 11.34 MB
- USS Arizona (BB-39) - NH 86101.tiff 28.63 MB
- USS Arizona (BB-39) - NH 94785.tiff 18.92 MB
- USS Arizona (BB-39) 1918.jpg 828 KB
- USS Arizona 11.jpg 351 KB
- USS Arizona Anchor.jpg 2.77 MB
- USS Arizona c, 1915.jpg 544 KB
- USS Arizona in New York City.jpg 7.68 MB
- USS Arizona in New York City.tif 18.66 MB
- USS Arizona-1.jpg 266 KB