Bot's tasks for which permission is being sought: Temporarily take over page archiving for User:MiszaBot, which has been inactive since 2013-10-02. I'm done after MiszaBot starts up again.
Automatic or manually assisted: Manual, supervised.
Edit type (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run): Very infrequently: ~1-2 times a month, assuming I even get around to it.
Maximum edit rate (e.g. edits per minute): Like 6? Or whatever the delay is at mw:Manual:Pywikibot/archivebot.py.
Bot flag requested: (Y/N): Y
Programming language(s): python
FASTILY 20:47, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
- Looks OK for me, but I think will be good idea to include bot into user name. --EugeneZelenko (talk) 14:50, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
- With all due respect, I really fail to see how it makes a difference. Anyone curious about the edits this account is making can easily navigate to it's userpage for that information. -FASTILY 20:02, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
- Comment This bot has also been archiving deletion requests from "Commons:Deletion requests/date" to "Commons:Deletion requests/Archive/date", and also in cases where User:DRBot doesn't archive deletion discussions. This feature doesn't seem to be part of archivebot.py. What exactly are the plans for the archiving bot? --Stefan4 (talk) 00:06, 15 October 2013 (UTC)
- Correct. As you'll note from the bot's userpage, I use this account to perform a variety of non-controversial maintenance tasks using manual, semi-automated scripts (authored either by myself and/or others). In other words, these edits are generated by tools, checked by me, and then saved by me, so for all purposes and intents, consider these edits performed via my main account, User:Fastily. -FASTILY 01:44, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
- I don't have a preference. -FASTILY 20:36, 16 October 2013 (UTC)