Commons:Wiki Loves Public Art/Logo proposals
We need to take a decision on which logotype should be used for the Commons:Wiki Loves Public Art photo contest! We have four great suggestions and we would like to invite you all to vote for one of them.
The photo contest will take place in May 2013 and the focus is on public artworks. Public art here refers to sculptures, mosaics, mural paintings, memorials and place specific installments in the public space with some form of a official unique ID (created by someone else than us; this is to avoid long discussions about the lists being original research and not possible to include on Wikipedia).
If you think that you would like to organize the photo contest in your country (be it a big or a small version of it), please write on the international mailing list or to john.anderssonwikimedia.se.
The vote will:
- Start on Tuesday the 18th, 00.01 o'clock CET.
- Ends at Friday the 28th, 23.59 o'clock CET.
Please let us know what you think!
- --Anna Bauer (talk) 20:02, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
- --Eihpossophie (talk) 22:59, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
- --Stryn (talk) 19:50, 18 December 2012 (UTC)
- --John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 09:49, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
- --Kulac (talk) 20:21, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
I would like an alternative with no gradients, sort of like this:
- If this would be the version that is picked, I really think that it should have the same blue color as the WMF logo so that there is a nice and clear connection between the project and Wikimedia. Does that sound reasonable? John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 21:39, 20 December 2012 (UTC) (I.e. the same blue color as in "Proposal one") John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 21:41, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
- Mikael Lindmark (talk) 09:51, 19 December 2012 (UTC) (I prefer the alternative version with no gradients)
- ArildV (talk) 09:56, 20 December 2012 (UTC) per Mikael.
- Claudia.Garad (talk) 20:29, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
- Haxpett (talk) 22:00, 25 December 2012 (UTC) (With no gradients and WMF-blue)