Commons talk:Free media resources/Photography
- This page is a complete mess, it should be organised somehow. FunkMonk (talk) 00:33, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
- Images from Bangladesh (http://bdesh.info/photos) indicate that they host them under non-commercial by-nc-sa-1.0 which is not acceptable on Commons. There are more links that need to be checked as it states on Commons talk:Public domain and free image resources.
Under the Flickr-headline a large number of Flickr-users are specifically mentioned. In my view this is not necessary except for those with an OTRS-ticket, who does not readily release their media on Flickr as an acceptable CC. I think they should plainly be removed from the list. --Henrik (heb: Talk · Contributions · E-mail) 09:48, 16 May 2011 (UTC)
Public domain or free?
- Agree, i also thought that. Suggest we keep all resources in one place though and change the first paragraph to not claim it is just about public domain. Mutante (talk) 19:15, 14 October 2012 (UTC)
Title of Page Misleading
I think we should change "Photography" to "Images" in the page title since many of the resources listed here are not confined to photographs.
publicdomainpic.com and gaderinge.com/
I removed those two pages. Reason: Both pages added by the same user (@Gaderinge:) and read like spam entries, spam and promotion is not the purpose of this project page. The purpose is to collect usefull links. Are those pages usefull? They are not usefull at all. 1) They both host the same content 2) They gather content from other websites in an inadequate manner. First they brake attribution chains by not quoting sources or providing attribution, but thats very usefull for arguing, why something is in the public domain. Nothing is in the public domain without a reason and we are always interested in the reason, a collection gathered from other websites without providing this reasons is not reliable. Second they offer the same content like other websites listed on the project page in an inferior quality. Examples:
- Inferior quality; lack of attribution or sourcing: http://gaderinge.com/road-stripe-image/ = http://pixabay.com/en/stra%C3%9Fe-autobahn-reisen-ziel-690087/
- Mirroring each other and lack of attribution and inferior quality and unreliabel description: http://gaderinge.com/mouse-closeup-photo/ = http://publicdomainpic.com/mouse-eating/ = http://pixabay.com/en/hamster-haustier-tier-klein-690108/
- @Martin H.: Thanks. A while back I came across the enwiki version of this page, en:Wikipedia:Public domain image resources, seeing that it had become a link farm. Someone pointed out on the talk page that it seemed redundant to meta:Help:Public domain image resources and this Commons page, but neither that nor my post about an inclusion criteria ever got anywhere and it eventually fell off my radar (save the occasional revert of spam). Want to devise an inclusion criteria and clean this one up such that we can soft redirect the others? I'm game -- I'd just rather not do so unilaterally. — Rhododendrites talk | 18:25, 15 April 2015 (UTC)
i think this article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Public_domain_image_resources and this article should merge https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Free_media_resources/Photography