Wiki Loves Monuments 2014 winners
This gallery contains the finalists and winners of the International stage of Wiki Loves Monuments 2014.
Every participating country selected the 10 best images to enter in the International round.
Stadhuis (City Hall), Oranjestad. Inner view
Photograph: Natalie Liao Jen
The Austrian Postal Savings Bank building (German language: Österreichische Postsparkasse) is a famous modernist building in Vienna, designed and built by the architect Otto Wagner. The building is regarded as an important early work of modern architecture, representing Wagner's first move away from Art Nouveau and Neoclassicism. It was constructed between 1904 and 1906 using reinforced concrete.
Photograph: Thomas Ledl
Ceiling frescos in the pilgrimage church of Maria Langegg (Lower Austria) by Josef Adam Mölk (1773): The Birth of Mary in the sanctuary - The Annunciation - Mary, Salvation of the Sick in the dome - The Visitation - The Assumption of Mary. The interesting illusion painting of the dome is designed to be viewed from the church entrance, thus it looks completely wrong in this view.
Below are the top registered monuments from the Azerbaijanian WLM 2014 competition.
- Also the image Azərbaycan_Dövlət_Akademik_Opera_və_Balet_Teatrının_binası_2.JPG was selected as nominee, but it was deleted afterwards. Another image has been uploaded since under the same title.
- Also the image Azərbaycan Dövlət Pedaqoji Universitetinin binası façade detail.JPG was selected as nominee, but it was deleted afterwards.
Belgium and Luxembourg
7. Long exposure of the St-Joseph Oratory after sunset.
4. Karnak Temple of Luxor in Egypt markers characteristic, where he was the king of all kings of successive tries to make the most magnificent temple . To characterized by his predecessor so turned to the temples of Karnak complete guide and a variety show stages of the evolution of ancient Egyptian art and architecture Pharaonic distinctive
Below are the top registered monuments from the French WLM 2014 competition. The 10 first pictures have been selected for the international competition.
Below are the top registered monuments from the German WLM 2014 competition.
9. Großer Garten (“Great Garden”) in Hannover, Lower Saxony. View from Southeast Corner Pavillon to the westerly pavillon
Below are the winning photos of WLM2014 (Hong Kong), and they are all listed in NO particular order.
Below are the top registered monuments from the Iraq WLM 2014 competition.
Below are the top ten images from the 2014 Ireland Wiki Loves Monuments Competition
Below are the top registered monuments from the Italy WLM 2014 competition.
4. Palazzo Boncompagni
Photograph: Antonella Sacconi
6. Former Vaccari Pottery, Santo Stefano di Magra
Photograph: Valeria Nicoli
8. Arch of Victory, Genoa
Photograph: Carlo Grifone
10. Castle of Corigliano Calabro
Photograph: Paolo Musacchio
Below are the top registered monuments from the Jordan WLM 2014 competition.
Temple of Hercules, Amman
Below are the top 10 photographs of monuments from the Macedonia for Wiki Loves Monuments 2014. Five of these are award winning (there are only 5 prizes for quality; one 1st, one 2nd and three 3rd places), while the other five are chosen as simply featured, with no particular ranking.
Patan Durbar Square is situated at the centre of Lalitpur city. It is a center of both Hinduism and Buddhism with 136 bahals or courtyards and 55 major temples.It is one of the three Durbar Squares in the Kathmandu Valley, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Winners of 2014 Wiki Loves Monuments Palestine
Below are the top registered monuments from the Polish WLM 2014 competition.
Below are the top registered monuments from the Romanian WLM 2014 competition.
Below are the top 10 registered monuments from the Serbian WLM 2014 competition.
Below are the top registered monuments from the South African WLM 2014 competition.
- Note: only the top-10 above was submitted as nominees to the international finale.
Mención especial: Parador de Turismo de Fuente Dé.
Photograph: Jaime Juan
Mención especial: Parador de Rurismo de Ronda.
Photograph: Pedro J Pacheco
Mención especial: Hostal de San Marcos, Parador de Turismo de León.
Mención especial: Parador de Turismo de Corias.
Way of St. James
Camino de Santiago en Aragón. Way of St James in Aragón.
Accésit: monasterio de San Juan de la Peña.
Accésit: virgen del monasterio de Santa María de Iguácel.
Below are the top 10 registered monuments from the Swedish WLM 2014 competition. The pictures are in alphabetic order.
Submitted as nominees for the international contest:
View of Qalaat Ibn Maan in the distance from Palmyra.
Ruins and left over buildings from Serjilla.
This is a photo of a monument in Syria identified by the ID Mansouri Mosque
4.The great Umayyad mosque in Aleppo at night
Photograph: مجد محبّك
5. Simeon castle in the Mount Simon, 30 km west of the city of Aleppo
6. Theater at Bosra, Syria. (IV)
7. قلعة الحصن - حمص - Krak des Chevaliers
8. This is a photo of a monument in Syria identified by the ID Great mosque of damascus
9.hamma - syria
Photograph: Sheam k
10.أسد آشوري- lion from assyria
Photograph: عمر الحافظ
Below are the top registered monuments from the Tunisian WLM 2014 competition.
Amphitheatre of El Jem
Arch of Alexander Severus (Dougga)
4. Amphitheatre of El Jem
5. Bardo Palace
6. Theatre of Dougga
6. Temple of Saturn (Dougga)
8. Great Mosque of Testour
9. House of the Hunt
9. Arch of Antoninus Pius (Sbeitla)
Wooden Architectural Monuments of Ukraine
Special award (Ukraine only, not submitted to international finale)
St Michaels Mount, Marazion, Cornwall
Houses of Parliament and Westminster Bridge, London
Tower Bridge at Dawn
Commended: The Fyrish Monument in December
Author: Reg Tait
Commended: Roof of Bell Harry Tower, Canterbury Cathedral
Commended: Dolwilym Burial Chamber (known as Arthur's Table or Gwal y Filiast)
Author: Karen Sawyer
Commended: Neist Point Lighthouse
Author: Lionel Ulmer
Commended: Victorian valves at Victoria Baths, Manchester
Commended: The Cloisters below Bute Hall, Glasgow University
Author: Michael Harris
Commended: The National Wallace Monument, Stirling, Scotland
At Risk (UK)
Special award for a building on an ‘At Risk’ register (UK only):