Category:Books of the Old Testament
For this reason, there is a full series of categories including the term Hebrew Bible for articles relating to matters in those books of the Bible which both Judaism and Christianity recognise as canonical. For the purposes of Wikipedia categories, Hebrew Bible refers only to those books in the Jewish Tanakh, which is the same as the Protestant Old Testament.
This super-category, however, is one of a number of Old Testament categories, holding articles which either:
1. also cover matters in the deuterocanonical books, which Catholic and Orthodox churches include in the Bible; or2. are primarily of relevance only to Christianity rather than Judaism.
This category has the following 37 subcategories, out of 37 total.
- ► Book of Amos (4 F)
- ► Books of Chronicles (2 C, 1 P, 10 F)
- ► Book of Genesis (70 C, 2 P, 124 F)
- ► Book of Isaiah (9 C, 1 P, 45 F)
- ► Books of Kings (8 C, 1 P, 18 F)
- ► Book of Obadiah (2 F)
- ► Book of Ruth (6 C, 1 P, 16 F)