Category:Grand Central Terminal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- English: Grand Central Terminal is a commuter rail terminal station at 42nd Street and Park Avenue in Midtown Manhattan in New York City, United States.
- The first station built on the site was Grand Central Depot, designed by John B. Snook, which opened in 1871.
- Between 1899 and 1900, most of Grand Central Depot, except for the train shed, was demolished and rebuilt. The new structure, designed by Bradford Gilbert, was called Grand Central Station.
- Between 1903 and 1913, the entire building was torn down in phases and replaced by the current Grand Central Terminal, designed by the architectural firms Reed and Stem and Warren and Wetmore.
railway terminal in New York City
|Location||Manhattan, New York City, New York|
|Date of official opening|
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- Grand Central Terminal in art (1 C, 19 F)
- Clocks at Grand Central Terminal (2 C, 18 F)
- Grand Central Terminal at night (83 F)
- Trains at Grand Central Terminal (28 F)
Media in category "Grand Central Terminal"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- GCT FDR Train Car-Untapped New York-Michelle Young.jpg 3,825 × 2,550; 3.97 MB
- Grand Central dining map.png 4,320 × 1,705; 363 KB
- Grand Central map.png 4,661 × 2,641; 1.81 MB
- Grand Central Terminal logo 2.png 1,081 × 464; 97 KB
- Grand Central Terminal logo 2.svg 1,006 × 419; 14 KB
- Grand Central Terminal logo.png 300 × 300; 81 KB
- Grand Central Terminal logo.svg 280 × 277; 9 KB
- Lego NYC Grand Central Station (3168776087).jpg 3,888 × 2,592; 3.23 MB
- Saturday Night Live main stage by Steven Dahlman.jpg 3,600 × 2,400; 4.17 MB
- SNL stage.jpg 1,920 × 1,080; 787 KB
- Watch Grand Central New York (34120868).jpeg 2,048 × 1,365; 383 KB
- Zeppelins in Grand Central by Lothar Osterburg (10090466233).jpg 8,571 × 1,624; 4.12 MB