Kudremukh (Kuduremukha) (Kannada: ಕುದುರೆಮುಖ) is a mountain range in Chikkamagaluru district in Karnataka state, India. The name Kuduremukha'' literally means "horse-face" in Kannada and refers to a particular picturesque view of a side of the mountain. It is also the name of a small town situated near the mountain which is primarily an iron ore mining town where the government run Public Sector Kudremukh Iron Ore Company Ltd. (KIOCL) operates. The town is noted for its scenic beauty. Owing to the dense forests, sighting wildlife can be challenging, though the area is rich in wildlife.
The Kudremukh National Park is the second largest declared Wildlife Protected Area (600.32 km²) of a tropical wet evergreen type of forest in the Western Ghats. Kudremukh National Park is located in Dakshina Kannada and Chikmagalur districts of Karnataka state.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Kudremukh"
The following 26 files are in this category, out of 26 total.
- A Pristine Hill Station.jpg 6.94 MB
- Carpet of greenary.jpg 6.16 MB
- Iron Ore factory.jpg 2.17 MB
- Kudermukh hills.jpg 6.07 MB
- Kudremukh Hillock, Karnataka.jpg 2.75 MB
- Kudremukh hillside.jpg 21 KB
- Kudremukh Main Road.jpg 638 KB
- Kudremukh national park.jpg 419 KB
- Kudremukh Peak.jpg 4.01 MB
- Kudremukh.jpg 148 KB
- KudremukhNationalPark.jpg 5.19 MB
- Kurinjal Peak.jpg 18 KB
- Mist, meadows and mountains.jpg 5.82 MB
- Mountains of Kudremukh.jpg 6.73 MB
- Mullodi Home stay.jpg 5.23 MB
- NaturesBeauty.jpg 10.49 MB
- Westrnghats of South india.jpg 2.39 MB