From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|Category Karnataka on sister projects:|
English: Karnataka (Kannada: ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ, IPA: kəɾˈnɑːʈəkɑː) is a state in the southern part of India. It was created on November 1, 1956, with the passing of the en:States Reorganisation Act. Originally known as the State of Mysore, it was renamed Karnataka in 1973. Karnataka is bordered by the Arabian Sea to the west, Goa to the northwest, Maharashtra to the north, Andhra Pradesh to the east, Tamil Nadu to the southeast, and Kerala to the southwest. The state comprises 29 districts; Bangalore is the capital city of the state. Kannada is the official and most widely spoken language.
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- ► Populated places in Karnataka (209 C)
- ► Architecture of Karnataka (20 C)
- ► Culture of Karnataka (56 C)
- ► History of Karnataka (58 C)
- ► Kannada language (24 C)
- ► Kingdom of Mysore (16 C, 1 F)
- ► Nature of Karnataka (27 C)
- ► Categories of Karnataka (5 C)